Monday, August 07, 2006

Good ol' Branson....



We're home from our trip... I didn't post that we were leaving, for obvious reasons, but we left & now we're home! I didn't take my camera so you'll have to wait for pictures! ***update.. I have pictures now.. however, I think that I got Dana's camera, because I don't remember taking any of these.. not many came out AND they are disposable cameras.. so quality is horrible***

After I had the babies, my Dad (via the Cosentino's) gave us a free trip to Branson! I've never been there, and C hadn't been there since he was a kid... We tried to go last fall, but it never worked out, so finally it worked out for us to go right before our Float trip...

We left on Wednesday AM, Aunt Shelly came to stay with the babies, She sent us off with a nice gift bag, with some wine & chocalate! We got to Branson around 2:30 ish on Wednesday! We finally got to our hotel around 4:00, then off for Dinner (we ate with all the old folks) those of you who know my husband, you know he doesn't like to wait and wants to beat the rush...

Wed night we enjoyed a show, "Spirit of the Dance".. it was quite a show and our seats were awesome! Then back to the hotel for some much needed sleep... Thank you Shelly for the eye covers... I slept like a rock until 11 AM..... ELEVEN AM.. I would have slept longer, had I not been woken up by the Gustapo....(aka CB) He was starving and didn't want to go eat by himself...

Thursday we spent the day seeing some sights, some crappy souvenir stuff.. why is MO known for all that hillbilly crap... anyway, we caught a show at the IMAX.. then we were off for a helicopter ride over Branson.. I could have lived without it, but C insisted that I go.. I really wanted to do some shopping at the outlets., so we compromised and hit the outlets afterwards...

Thursday night we had dinner at Whipper Snappers, which I kept calling Whapper Snappers, I couldn't figure out why they called it "whapper".. until I got there and saw the correct name... anyway, it was a little resteraunt at a hotel and there was an all you can eat Seafood buffet... I seriously ate 3 1/2 lobsters... THREE AND A HALF... Plus, some crab legs, shrimp & hushpuppies..

Thursday night we were off to the magic show.... www.darrenromeo.com The show was great.. we were in the second row, when he did his light bulb trick, it almost hit Chad in the head.. It flew right past us..! For those of you who don't know this trick, he lights a light bulb and throws it in the audience.. it floats up above everyone... He made Jeff Gordon's car appear on stage.. it was by far the best show there... if you get a chance to go... go...

Friday we were off to Noel, MO to the River Ranch where we met our friends... we stayed up WAY TOO LATE on Friday night playing Poker, I did not bring my "A" game and lost to the Faherty's... dang it.. Sat it was time to float! The river was very low and it was packed, i've never seen so many people on a river before.. We had a great time and I'll have pictures to prove it soon... For those of you who said that Chad & I would fight on the river.. EAT YOUR WORDS.. not one fight.. the key is this: if you go into the river with your husband knowing that you are not going to paddle, then there is no problem.. he he.. Honestly, Chad enjoyed doing all the work and if I paddled then it would have made it harder.. so it worked out just fine..

We were exhausted when we got back to our cabin, which by the way, sleeps 12 ! We all took little naps, then it was Poker time again, and this time, C lost to Faherty.. dang it Faherty.. You just wait.. I have you read like a book... I know what you are bringing next time...

were we excited to see our precious babies? YES YES YES YES YES.. Devin wasn't sure who I was and it took him some time to warm back up to me,, but the other two smiled as soon as they saw us come through the door..

a HUGE thank you to: Shelley, Mawmaw, Grandma & Grandpa S, & Ann......... Thank you so much for taking care of our babies!!! We love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time on a MUCH needed vacation. I am so happy for you both. Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, want to see.
Love you all, Aunt Diann

Jennifer Mullinax said...

Glad to hear you made it back safely...and had a GREAT time!!:) A well deserved vacation indeed!!! Can't wait to see pictures!! Talk to you soon, Jen

Anonymous said...

I LOVED helping with the triplets!!! Had a VERY Great Time.
What time I did not spend with triplets I spent the rest of the time in the pool with Luke and Alex. I did bring my camera but did not have time to take one picture!! I always had my hands full with one, two, sometimes three!! Once Luke figured out how all six of us could sit in the recliner together! Just for a second because the triplets would not sit still any longer!!! I would take care of them again anytime!!

Love

Ma Ma

~Melissa Mullinax said...

Danggit!! Where is Whipper Snappers?? I saw an advertisement for it, but we didn't ever see where it was. It sounded yummy!

Your pics are a hoot!! My gawd...I can't remember the last we did something like that!! Looks like you all had a ball!

Unknown said...

Looks and sounds like SO much fun!! Glad you were able to get away. We missed you at dinner Thursday... but we'll see you soon!! :)

LOVE the pics - you all look like you're having fun - Branson style.

Kara