Sunday, February 11, 2007

busy.. busy.. busy..

what a busy, crazy weekend..


I wanted to write about our taking away the binkies from the kiddos... so that nobody thinks we're just being mean... When I took Chase to the ped a couple weeks ago for his 18 month check-up, I asked him to glance at Chase's teeth.. it seems that Chase might have inherited the space between the two front teeth that Mawmaw Connie & Daddy have.. apparently there is a muscle that will eventually need to be cut as he gets older.. we may not know for a long time whether this is the case or not.. only time will tell.. BUT our ped strongly suggested taking the binky away, so as not to cause any undue damage, although, he may already be pre-disposed to this, the binky will not help matters... so after taking a week or so to prepare myself, we did it.. and because the boys share a room, we thought it would be HORRIBLE to let Devin have his binky and not Chase.. so we had to bite the bullet.. Devin is proving to be a harder case than Chase.. when Devin wants something, he wants it NOW.. and he will scream until he gets it.. so.. what I did was give them their binkies, but I cut them in half.. which made them even MADDER... but i'm finding that I can give Devin his binky and Chase doesn't know that it's a *real* one.. but I know this only complicates matters in the future..


Miss Thing still gets her binky... I know, I know.. but I really don't want to deal with her loss of a binky yet...


I was so looking forward to having *the talk* with them.. you know the one.. about how another little baby needs a binky more than they do and we can donate it to another baby... or the *talk* about how the binky fairy is going to come and get it and leave some binky *money* under the pillow... but.. i'll have to save it for now!!


Here is a picture from Saturday night's 4H festivities... this is my brother Darin and my neice Mackenzie..

She looks so grown up doesn't she?? It was just yesterday that she was *toddling* around.. My first born neice.. sniff.. sniff.. Mackenzie, you looked stunning!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

The fact that she and Brandon are just two months apart blows my mind. She looks like such a beautiful young woman and I'd like to think that mine still looks like a little boy. Kind of like I prefer to think of everyone else around me aging but I miraculously still look the same as I did when I was 18.

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence, I too look the same as I did when I was 18. I agree with Leigh though, Mackenzie does look beautiful but, I've always thought that.LOL Ann